Tuesday 21 September 2010

BAD ADVERTISING.

Walking past my local Boots yesterday I noticed an advertisement on a sandwich board which really caught my attention.  It was an advertisement for Tony Ferguson's weight loss programme. The slogan "I am less than half the person I used to be" was printed next to the generic weight loss advertisement photo of a thin person holding a gigantic pair of jeans.

"I am less than half the person I used to be"?
I cannot be the only person who thinks this is one of the most ridiculous slogans for a weight loss company to use. Weight loss is such a challenging and sometimes traumatic thing to go through for so many people, the last thing they want to hear is that they will be 'half the person they used to be'. I realise this isn't what is intended by the slogan but it is still sloppy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment