Saturday 18 September 2010

INTERNET KILLED TELEVISION


Internet killed television.
Since the introduction of BBC iplayer, Youtube, ITV iplayer and Channel 4od television just hasn't been the same. I can still remember the days when we had four channels and the whole family would sit around the television to view programmes, it was a very social experience and people even named their sitting rooms 'The TV room'. Nowadays however we have the option to watch the programmes on websites and so we are often viewing them by ourselves in our bedrooms. For me personally, I would much rather view my favourite television programmes at a later date on my laptop because it means I can do other things at the same time. I watch BBC iplayer, Channel 4o and ITV iplayer whilst doing my makeup, getting dressed for college and doing my work- such as I am doing now.


The layout of the screen shown above is how I always have my computer screen. On the left hand side I have some sort of programme playing- be it Channel 4od, ITV iplayer or BBC iplayer- and on the right hand side I have whatever work I am doing at the time.



When I go to Uni I will be quite happy to not have a television and I will just have my laptop so that I can keep up with all of the latest television shows and if I then moved out by myself I can definitely see the possibility of not buying a television even then.

What do you think? Is the internet taking over?

No comments:

Post a Comment