Sunday 2 January 2011

THE IMPOSSIBLE ART OF LI WEI

I stumbled across these images when flicking trough The Sunday Times Magazine on a lazy Sunday morning. Needless to say, they shook me straight out of my lazy state. Li Wei is the incredible artist responsible for these breathtaking images, he describes his work as 'performance art' and does not super impose the people n his images. Instead he uses a series of wires and scaffolding to retain the positions of the people in the images.
The image below has a magical quality to it. The innocent image of a young girl holding a dozen white balloons is made slightly sinister with the man standing on top of the balloons, suddenly giving the young girl an essence of power. I really enjoyed looking at these images and I am sure you will too. If you want to see any more of his images, visit this website below.

No comments:

Post a Comment